We all want to succeed in school, and at the start of the school year we’re motivated as heck. But that motivation leaves the building, you’re drowning in work and before you know it you have to search for a little bit of time in your schedule to eat, sleep or unwind. And what about your social life?? With a few useful tips and a whole lot of discipline things will go a lot easier!
- First, you must study every day. No kidding. EVERY day. If you don’t have one yet, you should get a weekly planner or study schedule and decide in advance what you will be studying and when. Having my ‘study time’ planned on paper always motivates me to do it. If I plan it ahead, I’m 100% more likely to do it.
- To be able to focus, your desk should be cleaned up. A desk filled with books and papers and other unnecessary junk really messes with your concentration. Keep it simple! Some flowers or plants, some pens, your laptop and the learning material you’re working with now. If your desk is big enough, some other books or materials are no problemo!
- Eat healthy food. Fruit and vegetables are your best friends. I won’t be telling you all the positive effects of healthy food because I’m sure we all have a mother or grandmother who already educated us on this. I know how tricky this is because a bag of M&M’S is just begging for you to eat them, I’ve been there. But fruit and nuts are just as tasteful and better for… everything.
- Sleep! You should get enough hours of sleep at night. Or else you’ll wake up feeling like a zombie and your motivation level will be -100. And falling asleep during classes is not something your teachers will accept. During the exam period, they will be like ‘Oh right, you were sleeping in my class… See you in august!’
- Relax! 50 ways to do this:
I found these pretty images on Pinterest, as always!