It’s summer break and we all want to enjoy the weather. But what if the weather is not as enjoyable as hoped? These 10 tips will get you through those boring rainy days!
Empty your wardrobe
- Dive into your wardrobe and sell the clothes you no longer want. You’ll have space for now clothes AND earn money for those new clothes by selling the old clothes. Win-win!
Get creative with your walls
- I’m going to make a seperate post about this one because the possibilities are endless! You can use christmas lights, tropical prints, boho prints, plants,…
Find a pen pal and write letters
- And I’m talking about real letters, on paper. No e-mails! Just you, pen and paper. Get creative, you could write about anything! I made a post on how to find pen pals, this could help you begin this adventure. You can find it here: Pen pal project
Commit to your personal growth
- Sit in silence for a while and reflect on your life. What could you do better? How could you do it better? What makes you feel complete?
- Let go of the past. You shouldn’t let mistakes from the past hold you back.
Learn to play a new instrument
- A few years back, I bought a guitar. I didn’t know how to hold the thing, let alone play it. I used Songsterr and youtube videos to learn the basic stuff and some simple songs.
Plan your next trip
- This is something I love to do when I have too much time on my hands. Choose where you’d like to go, look up some hotels, estimate how much it will cost you and start saving money. It’s that simple.
Read a good book
- I read “behind closed doors” by B.A. Paris. It was the best book I ever read. You won’t be able to put this book down until it’s finished. And even than you’ll probably want to read it a second time.
Earn some money
- Some sites pay you to do small tasks. You won’t get rich by doing this, but a little extra on your bank account never hurts. My personal favorite is Upwork. You can choose the category of the task, read some descriptions and submit a proposal. If you get hired, you do the task. When you finish the task, you get paid. This is an easy online way to earn some money.
Sites I use:
Play old video games
- When I was young I loved The Sims². Now that I’m in college I don’t have a lot of time to play video games but during summer break this is something I waste my time on regularly.
Learn a new language
There are lots of apps for this. I used Duolingo to learn Spanish grammar before going to college. When I had my first year of Spanish in college I already knew a lot, so I passed Spanish with straight A’s.
None of the pictures are mine, I don’t own them. They’re all found on Pinterest.